PDI Partners With McKesson for Webinar on Candida auris
PDI is proud to partner with McKesson on an educational webinar focused on Candida auris on Wednesday, April 13, 2022, from 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST. In this webinar entitled, Candida auris: Introduction and Current Environment, PDI Clinical Science Liaison Holly Montejano, MS, CIC, CPHQ, will discuss this newly emerged pathogen as a public health and infection prevention concern. Cleaning and disinfection recommendations will be reviewed, as well as outbreaks in the context of an ongoing pandemic. Participation is free, but space is limited, so register today to secure your spot. 1 CE will be awarded upon completion.
- Describe the epidemiology of Candida auris
- Cite Candida auris case studies and identify issues with fungal resistance and explain the importance of antifungal stewardship
- Outline the different treatment options for Candida auris infection
- Outline the difficulties that exist identifying Candida auris in the laboratory
- Describe the hierarchy of pathogens for choosing a disinfectant
- Describe the environmental cleaning practices for eradication of Candida auris and appropriate infection prevention practices for the healthcare setting
- Outline the CDC recommendation for notifying public health partners
- Presenter: Holly Montejano, MS, CIC, CPHQ, PDI Clinical Science Liaison
- Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2022
- Time:3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
Click here to register.