What evidence-based clinical guidelines support the use of the Prevantics® Device Swab for disinfection of needleless access sites prior to use?
The following evidence-based clinical guidelines support the use of Chlorhexidine Gluconate/Alcohol for disinfection of needleless access sites prior to use:
1. Guidelines for the Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infections, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
2. Standards of Practice, Infusion Nurses Society (INS)
3. Strategies to Prevent Central-Line Associated Bloodstream Infections in Acute Care Hospitals, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
4. National Patient Safety Goals, The Joint Commission
5. Clinical Practice Guidelines for Diagnosis and Management of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infection, Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA)
6. Elimination Guide to Infections in Hemodialysis Settings, Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)