CE Webinar: Disinfection, Sterilization and Medical Waste Management: The good, the bad and the ugly
On July 29th, 2020, at 2:30 pm EST, PDI Clinical Science Liaison, Marc-Oliver Wright, MT(ASCP), MS, CIC, FAPIC, will present a McKesson-sponsored Continuing Education webinar entitled Disinfection, Sterilization and Medical Waste Management: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
This presentation will provide an overview of common disinfection and sterilization needs in the non-acute care setting. Topics of review include federal requirements for medical waste management and successful strategies for avoiding common accreditation citations.
At the end of this webinar, the learner will be able to:
- Differentiate between the terms “cleaning” and “sanitizing” and the levels of disinfection and sterilization in the non-acute healthcare setting according to the Spaulding classification scheme
- Identify one or more common instruments or devices for each categorization listed above
- Identify high-touch surfaces and areas most likely to be heavily contaminated
- Develop and perform an environment-of-care risk assessment in order to identify opportunities for improvement while reopening during COVID-19
- Identify the most common citations from accrediting agencies (e.g. Public Health, OSHA, CMS) regarding cleaning, disinfection and medical waste management and how to avoid them
Click here to learn more and register for this webinar.