At the end of this course, the learner shall be able to:
- Understand the survival of pathogens on surfaces and the environment as a reservoir.
- Outline the importance of environmental disinfection within Ambulatory Care, Long Term Care, and Acute Care settings
- Identify chemicals used in healthcare disinfectants and their properties
- Review characteristics of an ideal disinfectant
- Understand the regulatory framework for disinfectants and define EPA registration of disinfectants
- List three new technologies for cleaning and disinfection
- Describe a few studies relating environmental disinfection to its impact on HAIs