This course qualifies for 1 CE / 1 IPU and corresponds to the following Infection Prevention Unit (IPU) domain(s):
- Identification of Infectious Disease Processes
- Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents
- Environment of Care
- Cleaning, Sterilization, Disinfection, Asepsis
This presentation is focused on Norovirus in the healthcare setting. The background, epidemiology, clinical significance and features of Norovirus will be discussed in great detail. Comprehensive information will be given on how to identify, prevent and control outbreaks in the healthcare environment.
The learner will be able to:
1. Explore the fundamentals, clinical significance and epidemiology of Norovirus.
2. Understand, recognize and effectively control a Norovirus outbreak using successful intervention measures.