This course qualifies for 1 CE / 1 IPU and corresponds to the following Infection Prevention Unit (IPU) domain(s):
- Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents
- Cleaning, Sterilization, Disinfection, Asepsis
At the end of this course, the learner shall be able to:
- Describe the pathogenesis, biofilm formation, and epidemiology of these significant bloodstream infection-causing pathogens.
- Identify at least three unusual, resistant, or novel pathogens that pose considerable CRBSI threats in healthcare.
- Discern and implement effective infection prevention and control strategies for this particularly notable CRBSI causing pathogens.