This course qualifies for 1 CE / 1 IPU and corresponds to the following Infection Prevention Unit (IPU) domain(s):
- Identification of Infectious Disease Processes
- Surveillance and Epidemiologic Investigation
- Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents
- Environment of Care
- Cleaning, Sterilization, Disinfection, Asepsis
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define family Enterobacterales and their role in carbapenem resistance.
- Identify Acinetobacter baumannii as Carbapenem-resistant organism (CRO) of concern.
- Describe CRO epidemiology, risk factors, & outbreaks across various healthcare settings.
- Detail infection prevention and public health responses to CRO management.
- Outline the impact COVID-19 has on antimicrobial resistance (AMR) detection/transmission and CRO outbreaks.
- Detail patient decolonization & surface disinfection as interventions for a back-to-basics approach to CRO management.
NOTE: You must complete the entire course before proceeding to the evaluation.