This course qualifies for 1 CE / 1 IPU and corresponds to the following Infection Prevention Unit (IPU) domain(s):
- Identification of Infectious Disease Processes
- Surveillance and Epidemiologic Investigation
- Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the current epidemiology of COVID-19, including the drivers for the increasing number of COVID-19 cases.
- Outline the strategies that have been successful in mitigating transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (e.g., masks).
- Explain the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines in the era of the high prevalence of the Delta variant.
- Detail the rationale for COVID-19 vaccine boosters and review early data on effectiveness of a booster from studies conducted in Israel.
- Highlight projections for the future and lessons learned about pandemic response.
NOTE: You must complete the entire course before proceeding to the evaluation.