This course qualifies for 1 CE / 1 IPU and corresponds to the following Infection Prevention Unit (IPU) domain(s):
- Surveillance and Epidemiologic Investigation
- Environment of Care
- Cleaning, Sterilization, Disinfection, Asepsis
At the end of this course, the learner shall be able to:
- Describe the science of continuous active disinfection (CAD) and differentiate it from traditional surface disinfection in healthcare today.
- Summarize the published evidence supporting the use of CAD in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Identify specific settings where CAD may be of utmost importance.
- Discuss potential unintended consequences of using CAD and how to avoid them.