Swab & Strip
Disinfect needleless access sites prior to use by Scrubbing the Hub. Contains 3.15% (w/v) CHG and 70% (v/v) IPA solution.
Features and Benefits
Effectively Scrub the Hub prior to and between each line access with Prevantics® Device Swab
- First and only 3.15% (w/v) Chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) and 70% (v/v) Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution to receive 510k clearance from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for disinfecting needleless access sites prior to use.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use prep pad format can be used prior to initial access, and between each access, as recommended in the recent Infusion Nurse Society (INS) Guidelines
- Strip format hangs conveniently on an IV pole for point-of-care accessibility.
- Friction removes microorganisms from grooves and threads of connectors
- Over 10 independent clinical studies demonstrating clinical efficacy of Prevantics products
- Achieved a >4.0 log10 reduction versus a leading alchol impregnated cap1 against 7 tested clinically relevant microorganisms known to cause CLABSIs2
- Compliant with evidence-based recommendations from the following organizations:
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Infusion Nurses Society
- Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
- The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology
- Association for Vascular Access
1. Data on file, study report 140304-250. 2. CDC HAI Prevalence Survey. Magill SS, Edwards JR, Bamberg W, et al. Multistate Point-Prevalence Survey of Health Care–Associated Infections. N Engl J Med. 2014;370:1198-208.
Not for sale in Canada.