This course qualifies for 1 CE / 1 IPU and corresponds to the following Infection Prevention Unit (IPU) domain(s):
- Identification of Infectious Disease Processes
- Surveillance and Epidemiologic Investigation
- Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents
- Management and Communication
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify one evidence-based best practice to prevent an outbreak.
- Describe one intervention to abate an outbreak.
- Discuss the importance of proactively being engaged with your infection prevention program.
- Recognize the atypical infection presentation that may arise in the elderly resident.
NOTE: You must complete the entire course before proceeding to the evaluation.