PDI Partners with APIC for June 2021 Virtual Conference
PDI is proud to partner with APIC – Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology – as a Strategic Partner for their 2021 Virtual Conference, June 28-30,2021.
This three-day virtual conference allows Infection Preventionists opportunities to discuss pressing issues relating to cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization, while advancing their knowledge and skills, learning about effective practice, and building one’s network with a diverse community of IP professionals.
APIC 2021 covers key competencies that every IP needs, with topics that range from the fundamental learning necessary to advance patient safety in your facility to the strategic and thought-provoking ideas that will take your career to the next level. Learn from leading experts within the field and engage through peer-to-peer networking around the IPC issues and challenges you face every day.
Designated Exhibit Hall Booth Hours with Text + Video Chat Available
- June 28: 11-11:30am, 3:45-4:15pm EST
- June 29: 11-11:30am, 3:45-4:15pm EST
- June 30: 10:15-10:45am, 11:30-12pm EST
Our virtual booth includes educational resources, and product information focused on our infection prevention solutions, including Profend® Nasal Decolonization Kit, Prevantics® Swab, Swabstick & Maxi Swabstick, Sani-24® spray, Tru-D® SmartUVC, Easy Screen® Cleaning Wipes, and the Sani-Cloth® disinfectant Portfolio. Visit our booth.
Additional Educational Opportunities Include:
Live Roundtable Discussions: Our leading industry experts will provide their clinical practice and trial experience in an open format that creates a compelling discussion. Space is limited. Sign up in advance to secure your spot and visit the PDI booth to attend.
- Tuesday, June 29, 2021-3:45-4:15pm EST. Sign Up
- Will New Surface Disinfection Technologies Reduce Healthcare-Associated Infections?, presented by Infection Prevention expert William A. Rutala, Ph.D., MS, MPH.
- Wednesday, June 30, 2021– 11:00-11:30am EST. Sign Up
- Nasal Decolonization – What’s Wrong with Mupirocin and What Procedures Are Worth It?, presented by PDI Clinical Affairs Member, Marc-Oliver Wright, MT(ASCP), MS, CIC, FAPIC
Live Webinar Sessions: PDI industry experts provide insight into various topics leveraging their clinical background to provide an informative and educational webinar during the APIC sessions listed below.
- Monday, June 28, 2021-1:30-12:30 EST.
- Top 10 Publications for 2020 presented by Mandy Bodily-Bartrum, DNP, MPH, RN, CIC, FAPIC, Joan N. Hebden, RN, MS, CIC, FAPIC, FSHEA, and Patti G. Grota, Ph.D., CIC, FAPIC, CHSe
- Tuesday, June 29, 2021-11:30-12:30 EST.
- Disinfectant Decision Making in Uncertain Times, presented by PDI Clinical Affairs Member, Marc-Oliver Wright, MT(ASCP), MS, CIC, FAPIC and Salah Qutaishat, Ph.D., CIC, FSHEA, FAPIC
- Tuesday, June 29, 2021-11:30-12:30 EST.
- Exploring Implementation Challenges of Infection Prevention: Lessons Learned presented by Infection Prevention expert Joan Hebden, RN, MS, CIC, FAPIC, FSHEA.
On-Demand Clinical Presentations: Presentations will be available during and after the conference within the APIC on-demand gallery; select Sponsored Content to explore the full gallery.
- Data Resources for Infection Prevention: Evaluation and Usability presented by Marc-Oliver Wright, MT(ASCP), MS, CIC, FAPIC
- This webinar will identify and navigate 2 federal and 2 third-party consumer-centered healthcare data websites containing facility-specific HAI data and describe how to identify data sources used in comparison websites and the strengths and limitations associated with varying definitions and timeframes. At the end of the session, Marc will review the more well-established nursing home comparison sites as a preview of likely development for the acute care setting. View presentation.
- From Preventionist to ?: Second Acts for IPs presented by Marc-Oliver Wright, MT(ASCP), MS, CIC, FAPIC, and Deborah P. Burdsall, Ph.D., RN-BC, CIC, FAPIC
- This webinar will describe the skillsets of an experienced IP, how these talents are extrapolated outside the traditional role, and how to maintain your competency and credentials in a new environment. During the session, Marc will list three health or public health-related opportunities for infection preventionists (IPs) outside of the traditional healthcare environment for subsequent careers and identify emerging non-health opportunities where IPs are currently being sought out and how to seek these opportunities. View presentation.
- Balancing Act: Ethical Infection Prevention Considerations During Pandemics by Deva Rea, MPH, BSN, BS, RN, CIC
- This webinar will evaluate, analyze, and mitigate ethical scenarios during outbreaks and pandemics encountered by the infection prevention team and encourage and empower IPs to successfully navigate ethics during outbreaks and pandemics. This session aims to express an understanding of the healthcare ethics of a pandemic as it relates to infection prevention and control. View presentation.
- Conquering Goliath: The Neonatal War on Bloodstream Infections by Deva Rea, MPH, BSN, BS, RN, CIC, Jill Holdsworth, MS, CIC, FAPIC, CRCST, NREMT Manager, and Emory Healthcare
- This webinar will effectively articulate the nuances of CRBSIs in the NICU population; including the differences between adult and neonatal populations, integrate best practice evidence and solutions into daily CRBSI reduction efforts for the specialized NICU population, and cultivate an effective, actionable plan that incorporates real-world strategies for sustainable CRBSI prevention. View presentation.
- Antiviral Activity of a Continuously Active Disinfectant Against the Human Coronavirus 229E by William Rutala, Ph.D., MS, MPH
- This will be an informative oral abstract presentation. View presentation.
On-Demand Videos: Educational videos will be available during and after the conference within the PDI booth; select Sponsored Content to explore the video gallery.
- A Layered Approach to Infection Prevention presented by Shelly Felkey, PDI Territory Sales Manager, Geoff McWilliams, Tru-D SmarUVC Regional Sales Manager, and Shannon Ross, PDI Executive Territory Sales Manager
- From nasal decolonization to room decontamination, we’ve got you covered, and we’re better together! Learn more about our infection prevention solutions, including our Profend® Nasal Decolonization Kit, our environment of care surface disinfection portfolio, and our Tru-D® SmartUVC device. In this presentation, you will learn more about PDI’s comprehensive portfolio of surface disinfection wipes, understand why PDI’s Profend PVP-I Nasal Decolonization Kit is an important addition to your SSI prevention strategy, discover the latest science and research behind PDI’s new Sani-24® product, and learn about our comprehensive, programmatic approach to UVC disinfection. View video
- Infection Prevention Considerations for Critical Care: Picking Up the Pandemic Pieces presented by Joan Hebden, MS, RN, CIC, FAPIC
- This presentation covers how certain healthcare-associated infection rates increased during the COVID-19 pandemic in the critical care units and which infection prevention considerations could be implemented to bring them back down. View video.
- A Layered Infection Prevention Approach with UV – A University-Based Health System Experience presented by Marc-Oliver Wright, MT(ASCP), MS, CIC, FAPIC, Alice Brewer, MPH, CIC, CPHQ, FAPIC
- The objectives for this presentation are to review the concept of the layered approach to infection prevention, outline the multi-faceted performance improvement efforts aimed at reducing infection at a university hospital setting, and describe the implementation of UV technology and change in multi-drug resistant organism (MDRO) rate. View video
To register for the event, click here. Registration will remain open throughout the conference.