PDI is proud to partner with Owens & Minor for a free continuing education webinar series.
Holly Montejano, MS, CIC, CPHQ, VA-BC, PDI Clinical Science Liaison will discuss the chemistry and history of CHG and how it has become the gold standard for skin antisepsis and needleless connector disinfection in the healthcare setting. Explore the manufacturing processes which provide product quality control and assurance, as well as the FDA approval processes for the use of CHG and alcohol containing products in healthcare. Finally, discuss the recommendations for skin antisepsis and needleless connector disinfection in an effort to provide positive clinical outcomes amongst even the highest risk patient populations when we conclude with a review of healthcare success stories. CLICK HERE to register
At the end of this course, the learner shall be:
- Describe the mode of action and efficacy of CHG
- Outline the historical development and various uses of CHG in the healthcare setting
- Define quality control and quality assurance and provide industry concern examples
- Differentiate the FDA approval process for CHG/Alcohol-containing skin and device products
- Recite recommendations for skin preparation and needleless connector disinfection with CHG/Alcohol-containing products
- Illustrate examples of CHG healthcare success stories
At the conclusion of the webinar, complete the following steps to receive your CE certificate:
- Step 1: Create an account by visiting https://pdihc.com/courses
- Step 2: Activate your account – You will receive an activation email. Follow the link provided in that email.
- Step 3: Once you activate your account, please return to this COURSE page
- Enroll in this Course
- Start this Course
- Follow to Evaluation. You will complete 10 total questions. Follow the instructions to populate your CE certificate. NOTE: a copy will also be emailed to you.
Reach out to Jillian Maisano at email@example.com with any questions.