This is a live course scheduled for NCAPIC on Friday, October 28, 2022.
At the end of this course, the learner shall be able to:
- Describe the multi-disciplinary background of infection preventionists and current challenges across healthcare
- Explain the fundamentals of acute care Infection Prevention (IP)
- Outline cleaning and disinfection definitions alongside product selection
- Recite the significance of NHSN reporting and tools, isolation precautions, rounding and outbreak response
- Identify regulatory and accreditation agencies within the acute care setting as well as CMS requirements/Pay for Performance Program
- Employ the APIC Competency Model in daily practice