This course qualifies for 1 CE / 1 IPU and corresponds to the following Infection Prevention Unit (IPU) domain(s):
- Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents
- Education and Research
This program will focus on hand hygiene in the healthcare setting.
At the end of this program, the learner shall be able to:
- Review the basics of hand hygiene, including when to perform hand hygiene, hand hygiene techniques, and special consideration of gloves.
- Define the relationship of hand hygiene to Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs)
- Discuss the importance of hand hygiene in the reduction of HAIs
- Outline the evidence and guidelines for hand hygiene