This course qualifies for 1 CE / 1 IPU and corresponds to the following Infection Prevention Unit (IPU) domain(s):
- Cleaning, Sterilization, Disinfection, Asepsis
- Environment of Care
- Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents
By the end of the program, the learner will be able to:
- Describe and differentiate the EPA testing methodologies for determining kill claims and wet/contact kill times between liquids, wipes and residual efficacy (continuously effective) solutions.
- Identify, locate and differentiate production labels from EPA master label information.
- Describe the differentiation between product: surface compatibility and original equipment manufacturers’ instructions for use and accreditation risks and efforts you can undertake to mitigate those risks.