At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Define antimicrobial and diagnostic stewardship.
- Identify the pre-analytic factors associated with culture management.
- Define the effects on healthcare when culture management is improperly implemented.
- State the recommended skin preparation for blood culturing.
- Recognize the impact that specimen diversion devices play in reducing blood culture contamination.
- Facilitate discussion with collaborative partners to develop opportunities for diagnostic stewardship.