April 12, 2016
Dr. Garrett and Dr. Ferreira will provide insight into this important cross-road where medical devices and surface disinfectants meet. PDI will be the first in a webinar to discuss the clinical implications associated with medical device material incompatibilities with EPA-approved surface disinfectant formulations and highlight the important issues related to medical device material incompatibilities with EPA-approved environmental surface disinfectant formulations. Given the recent attention from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as well as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding outbreaks that involve contaminated medical devices, this webinar will provide a timely review of evidence-based approaches to reduce the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections.
The key to this webinar is to provide awareness and education to healthcare professionals that have experienced medical device material incompatibility. PDI will provide education on the new and old materials used in constructing medical devices, the testing methods offered to predict compatibility, and the regulatory requirements surrounding this area. In addition, PDI will provide insight into the prospective clinical effects that could potentiate if medical device materials are not compatible with surface disinfectant formulations.
After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Discuss the root causes associated with medical device material incompatibility with surface disinfectants.
- Review the potential clinical impact that can potentially arise with the inability for medical devices to utilize standard intermediate surface disinfectants.
- Discuss an evidence-based approach about basic materials science and its impact on the risk for Healthcare Associated Infections with medical device use.
Instruction is targeted to Clinical Nurses, Environmental Service Directors and Managers, Associates, Facility Managers, Medical Device Manufacturers, Infection Preventionists, Clinical Value Analysts, Healthcare Technology Management professionals, and Patient Safety Directors and Managers.
- Dr. Hudson Garrett, PhD, MSN, MPH, FNP, PLNC, CSRN, CHESP, VA-BC, FACDONA, Vice President of Clinical Affairs, PDI, Inc.
- Jaime Ferreira, PhD, Director of Surface Disinfectant Product Development, PDI, Inc.
WEBINAR RECORDING – Includes PDF of handout materials and webinar recording. Please note that the recording will be available to view three weeks after the program. To purchase the webinar recording, visit AAMI University.
$79 for members
$99 for non-members
For registration questions, please contact AAMI’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-373-3174 or +1-240-646-7031. For content or format questions, please contact Jen Green at +1-703-253-8270.
PDI helps reduce preventable infections, control healthcare costs and, ultimately, save lives by delivering a broad range of evidence-based, market leading environmental hygiene and patient care solutions in the community and healthcare environments. For more information, visit PDIHC.com.