We count on our healthcare facilities to play an important role in infection prevention. However, as patients, we also need to be an engaged partner in infection prevention by doing the following:
1) Speaking Up to their healthcare provider and care team and asking questions
2) Keep Hand Clean
3) Get Smart about the use of Antibiotics
4) Know the signs and symptoms of infection
5) Watch out for deadly diarrhea
6) Protect yourself by receiving recommend vaccinations.
For more information, see CDC's recommendations here: www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/protect-patients